Tuesday, June 5, 2007

intro to "writers choice"

The third piece I chose was my essay titled, “Prostitution, Dirty Industry or Valid Profession”. This was a persuasion essay, which I chose as my writers choice piece. I chose this essay because it clearly demonstrates how I have grown as a writer in the last 9 weeks. This paper was written May 30,2007. This paper is a great example of a persuasion essay because I provided a very compelling argument as to why prostitution should be legal. I believe the points I made in my essay could easily sway my audiences point of view on the subject. This paper shows my growth as a writer because it is very well organized and I provided a good conclusion. I gave this paper a very clear thesis and excellent transition words that easily lead my readers through my paper, and let them know exactly where I was going. For example I used transition such as, first off, next, finally, and overall to tie my paragraphs together. The conclusion of this paper also shows my growth as a writer because it sums everything up. Usually when I get to the conclusion of a paper I fall a little short, but with this paper I finally went the distance. In my conclusion I summarized the main points of my paper and restated my thesis leaving all loose ends wrapped up and my audience with a sense of satisfaction.

No comments: